Do not use Aescin/ Diethylamine salicylate:
- If you are allergic to Aescin, Diethylamine salicylate, or any of the ingredients in this medicine.
- Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- On mucous membranes, skin areas that have been exposed to radiotherapy, or broken skin areas.
Warnings and precautions:
- Stop the medication right away and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you develop allergic reactions
- such as shortness of breath, skin rash, swelling of the face or neck, decreased blood pressure, and dizziness.
- Talk to your doctor if your symptoms are getting worse or are not improving.
- Do not apply this gel on skin areas with eczema (atopic dermatitis) or ulcers (sores),
- or skin areas that have been exposed to irradiation to prevent a burning sensation from happening.
- This medicine is designed for external topical use only. Do not ingest this medicine.
Possible side effects:
- Possible side effects include allergic skin reactions (like itching, swelling, and redness).
- skin redness, skin peeling, and urticaria (swollen, pale red bumps or plaques).
- angioneurotic edema (unpredictable frequent episodes of edema in tissues like eyes, lips, oral cavity, bowel, throat).
- These side effects are more likely to happen in patients who are sensitive to topical aspirin).
Other medicines and Aescin/ Diethylamine salicylate:
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medications
- including prescription medicines, over the counter medicines, herbals, vitamins and supplements.
- Avoid use of this product if you are taking anticoagulants (blood thinners) to prevent increased risk of bleeding.
How to use Aescin/ Diethylamine salicylate:
- Spread a thin layer of the product on the affected area of your skin once a day or frequently.
- Follow your healthcare provider’s directions if recommended differently.
- Close the cap of the gel after using it. Make sure to wash your hands before and after applying the medicine.
How to store Aescin/ Diethylamine salicylate:
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets
- Store medication at room temperature
- Do not use beyond the expiry date mentioned on the box
- Keep medication in its original pack to protect it from moisture and light
- Do not dispose medication in the wastewater or household waste