Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate 1mg/20mg in 5mL ophthalmic suspension
What Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate is used for:
The combination Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate is used to treat eye inflammation and irritation caused by allergies.
Do not use Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate:
· If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
· If you are suffering from viral, fungal or severe bacterial eye infection or tuberculosis of the eye.
Warnings & precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
· If you ever suffered from any other eye problems including increase pressure in the eye.
· If you have viral infections like herpes simplex.
Prolonged use of this medicine may lead to increased pressure in the eye (intraocular pressure). This may lead to eye problems like glaucoma, damage to the nerve of the eye, and lack of clearness of vision. It could also lead to eye infections.
The preservative benzalkonium chloride in this eye drop can damage soft contact lenses. If you wear soft contact lenses, wait 15 minutes after using this medicine before putting them back on.
Possible Side Effects:
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Side effects include:
· Mild stinging and/or burning
· Elevation of the pressure in the eye (intraocular pressure)
· Mild irritation
Other medicines and Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate:
· Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
· Separate this medicine from other eye drops.
How to use Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate:
This medicine is for ophthalmic use only.
· Take as indicated by your doctor.
· The usual recommended dose is one to two drops instilled into the eye two to four times daily.
· Tilt your head back and look up. Gently pull the lower lid down and instill drops in your eye. Close your eye and put pressure on the inside corner for 30 seconds.
How to store Fluorometholone/Sodium Cromoglycate:
Store at room temperature below 77°F (25°C). Do not freeze.
· Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
· Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. A valid prescription should be available upon delivery