Clotrimazole -1 0.5 gm Vaginal Cream
What Clotrimazole is used for
It is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, athlete’s foot, fungal nappy rash and fungal sweat rash. It is also used to relieve irritation of the vulva (external thrush) or the end of the penis, which may be associated with thrush.
Do not use Clotrimazole
If you (or your baby if treating nappy rash) are allergic (hypersensitive) to clotrimazole or any of the other ingredients, including cetostearyl alcohol.
Warnings and precautions
As with other creams, Clotrimazole Antifungal Cream may reduce the effectiveness of rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently, if you are using this cream on the vulva or penis, you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using this product.
Possible side effects
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue, feel faint, or have difficulty breathing. Stop using the product if you develop hives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and Clotrimazole
How to use Clotrimazole
If Clotrimazole Antifungal Cream has been prescribed for you by your doctor, follow any instructions he/she may have given you. If you purchased this product without a prescription, follow these directions closely:
• Before use, pierce the tube seal by inverting the cap over the end of the tube and press.
• If the feet are infected, they should be washed and dried thoroughly, especially between the toes, before applying the cream.
• Clotrimazole Antifungal Cream should be applied thinly and evenly to the affected areas two or three times daily and rubbed in gently.
• A strip of cream (1/2 cm long) is enough to treat an area of about the size of the hand.
• The duration of the treatment depends upon the type of infection. Generally, a minimum of two weeks is required, although up to four weeks may be necessary.
• If you have athlete’s foot, it may help to use an antifungal dusting powder as well. Ask your doctor or pharmacist to recommend one.
How to store Clotrimazole
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
This product should be stored in the original carton.
Do not store above 25°C.
Do not use it after the expiry date which is stated at one end of the carton and on the end of the tube of cream. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste.
* Dosage form and route of administration of Clotrimazole 100 mg pessary should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient A valid prescription should be available upon delivery