Trimetazidine 35 mg prolonged-release tablets
What Trimetazidine is used for
This medicine is intended for use in adult patient, in combination with other medicines to treat angina pectoris: chest pain caused by coronary heart disease.
Do not take Trimetazidine
• if you are allergic to trimetazidine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine,
• if you have a Parkinson disease: disease of the brain affecting movement (trembling, rigid posture, slow movements and a shuffling, unbalanced walk),
• if you have severe kidney problems.
Warnings and precautions
Tell your doctor about all of your health conditions, including, if you have:
• kidney problems. Your doctor may adjust the dose.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. These side effects include:
• abdominal pain,
• feeling sick,
• feeling of weakness,
• unusual movements,
• Sleep disorders,
• serious generalised red skin rash,
• reduction in number of white blood cells,
• reduction in blood platelets,
• liver disease.
Other medicines and Trimetazidine
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Occurrence of interactions with other medicinal products has not been found.
How to take Trimetazidine
• Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• The recommended dose of Trimetazidine is one tablet to be taken two times a day during meals in the morning and evening.
• If you have kidney problems or if you are older than 75 years old, your doctor may adjust the recommended dose.
How to store Trimetazidine
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not store above 30 °C.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment. A valid prescription should be available upon delivery