Piribedil 50 mg sustained release coated tablets*
What Piribedil is used for :
Piribedil is indicated in the treatment of Parkinson's disease alone or in combination with levodopa.
Do not take Piribedil :
• if you are allergic to Piribedil or any of the other components of this medicine
• if you have a myocardial infarction or other serious cardiovascular disease,
• in combination with antiemetic neuroleptics.
Warnings and precautions :
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Piribedil if you:
• if you have (ever had) or are developing any medical condition or symptoms, especially kidney disease, liver disease, swelling of the legs, feet or fingers.
• if you become confused/disoriented, agitated, aggressive, or develops mental problems such as delusions, illusions, or hallucinations.
• If you or someone close to you has noticed that you have unusual cravings or impulsive behavior and cannot resist the urge, need or temptation to do certain activities that could harm you or those around you. These are impulse control disorders that may include gambling addiction, uncontrollable and excessive eating or spending, abnormally high libido, or increased sexual thoughts and desires.
Possible side effects
These include minor digestive disturbances (nausea, vomiting, flatulence), somnolence, psychological disturbances such as confusion or agitation and disturbances in blood pressure (orthostatic hypotension), or blood pressure instability.
Other medicines and Piribedil :
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
• Antipsychotic neuroleptics (excluding clozapine): reciprocal antagonism between dopaminergic agonist and neuroleptics
• Antiemetic neuroleptics: reciprocal antagonism between dopaminergic agonist and neuroleptics.
How to take Piribedil :
The dosage is strictly individual. It is defined by your doctor.
To avoid the risk of impulse control problems, your doctor may need to adjust the dose or stop treatment if you experience symptoms. In all cases, follow your doctor's prescription.
• The tablets should be swallowed with half a glass of water, without chewing, at the end of a meal.
Duration of treatment: follow your doctor's prescription. Do not stop treatment without medical advice.
How to store Piribedil :
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiration date shown on the package.
• Store at a temperature not exceeding 25°C.
* Dosage form and route of administration of Piribedil 50 mg sustained release coated tablets should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient. A valid prescription should be available upon delivery