Chlorpheniramine Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl 0.5mg, 1mg/mL syrup
What Chlorpheniramine Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl is used for
The combination Chlorpheniramine Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl is used to treat and signs of allergy and common cold such as sneezing, runny nose and nose stuffiness.
Do not take Chlorpheniramine Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl
• If you are allergic to the active substance or any other component of this medicine.
• If you are taking or took medicines for depression, Parkinson’s disease or Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors in the past 14 days.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this drug including:
• Cough with a lot of mucus, a long-term cough caused by smoking or being around smoke, or lung problems like asthma.
• Narrow-angle glaucoma.
• Cardiovascular problems such as hypertension and ischemic heart disease.
• Urinary problems.
• Liver or kidney problems.
Do not consume alcohol while being treated with this medicine.
Do not take this medicine for longer than you were told by your doctor.
Possible side effects
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; blisters; itching; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat
Common side effects
Other medicines and Chlorpheniramine Maleate Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl
• Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
• Medications that interact with this medicine include: medications for anxiety, depression and Parkinson’s disease, other sedatives and tranquilizers, other antihistamines including products to relieve cough and common cold.
How to take Chlorpheniramine Maleate Maleate / Phenylephrine HCl
• This medicine is intended for adults and children.
• Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
• For adults, take 5mL every 4 hours. Maximum: 30 mL/24 hours.
• For children aged 6 - 12 years: 1mL every 4 hours. Maximum: 6 mL/24 hours.
• For children aged 2 - 6 years: 0.5mL every 4 hours. Maximum: 3 mL/24 hours
How to store Chlorpheniramine Maleate Maleate / Guaifenesin / Phenylephrine HCl
• Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C) in a dry place.
• Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
A valid prescription should be available upon delivery