Bisoprolol fumarate 10mg film-coatedTablets
What Bisoprolol fumarate is used for:
Bisoprolol fumarate is used for to slow down the heart rateand make the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
Do not use Bisoprolol fumarate:
If you are allergic to the active substances or any of theother ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions:
• You have severe asthma orsever chronic lung disease.
• You have severe bloodcirculation problem in limbs (such as Raynaud’s syndrome), which may cause yourfingers and toes to tingle or turn pale or blue.
• You have untreatedphaeochromocytoma, which is a rare tumor of the adrenal gland (medulla).
• You have metabolicacidosis, which is a condition when there is too much acid in the blood.
• Acute heart failure orheart failure that suddenly becomes worse and / or that may require hospitaltreatment.
• Slow heart rate.
• Very low blood pressure.
• Certain heart conditioncausing a very slow heart rate or irregular heartbeat.
• Cardiogenic shock, which isan acute serious heart condition causing low blood pressure and circulatoryfailure.
Possible side effects:
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attentionif you develop throat tightness or swelling of the eyes, face, lips or tongue,feel faint, or have difficulty breathing. Stop using the product if you develophives or itching of the face or body.
Other medicines and Bisoprolol fumarate:
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
• Water medicines forcontrolling the blood pressure or medicines for heart problems (such asamiodarone, amlodipine, clonidine, digitalis glycosides, diltiazem,disopyramide, felodipine, flecainide, lidocaine, methyldopa, moxonidine,phenytoin, propafenone, quinidine, rilmenidine, verapamil)
• medicines for depressione.g. imipramine, amitriptyline, moclobemide
• medicines to treat mentalillness e.g. phenothiazines such as levomepromazine
• medicines used foranesthesia during an operation
• medicines used to treatepilepsy e.g. barbiturates such as phenobarbital
• certain pain killers (forinstance acetyl salicylic acid, diclofenac, indomethacin, ibuprofen, naproxen)
• medicines for asthma ormedicines used for a blocked nose
• medicines used for certaineye disorders such as glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye) or used to widenthe pupil of the eye
• certain medicines to treatclinical shock (e. g. adrenaline, dobutamine, noradrenaline)
• mefloquine, a medicine formalaria
• all these drugs as well asbisoprolol may influence the blood pressure and/or heart function.
• rifampicin for thetreatment of infections
• medicines to treat severeheadaches or migraines (ergotamine derivatives).
How to use Bisoprolol fumarate:
Treatment with Bisoprolol fumarate tablet must be started ata low dose and increased gradually. Your doctor will decide how to increase thedose, and this will normally be done in the following way:
• 1.25 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for a week
• 2.5 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for a week
• 3.75 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for a week
• 5 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for four weeks
• 7.5 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for four weeks
• 10 mg bisoprolol fumarateonce daily for maintenance (on-going) therapy.
The maximum recommended daily dose of bisoprolol fumarate is10 mg.
How to store Bisoprolol fumarate:
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which isstated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 30°C. Store in the original container.Keep the container tightly closed.
Do not use Bisoprolol fumarate if you notice anydeterioration or damage to the outer packaging.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or householdwaste. A valid prescription should be available upon delivery