Do not take Diclofenac Sodium:
- If you’re allergic to the active substance or any other component of this medicine.
- If you’re allergic to other non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including acetylsalicylic acid.
- If you have or ever had a stomach or duodenal (peptic) ulcer, or bleeding in the digestive tract.
- If you have had stomach or bowel problems after you have taken other nsaids.
- If you have severe liver or kidney failure.
- If you have severe heart problems.
- If you ever had a stroke, heart attack, or vessels problems.
- In the last 3 months of pregnancy.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
- If you suffer from any stomach or bowel disorders including ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease.
- If you have kidney or liver problems.
- If you have a condition called porphyria.
- If you suffer from any blood or bleeding disorder.
- If you have a high blood pressure (hypertension).
- If you have angina, blood clots, or high cholesterol levels.
- If you have heart problems.
- If you have diabetes.
- If you smoke.
- If you have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE).
- This drug may increase the risk of heart and blood vessel problems.
Possible side effects:
- Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Serious side effects:
- Sudden chest pain and shortness of breath
- Sudden weakness and numbness, vision loss, difficulty speaking
- Abdominal pain and very dark stools
- Allergic reactions
- If you experience any of these, call your doctor or hospital immediately.
Other medicines and Diclofenac Sodium:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking, especially:
- Other nsaids
- Acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin)
- Blood thinners such as Warfarin
- Medicines for diabetes
- Diuretics (water pills)
- Lithium for depression
- Heart and blood pressure medicine
How to take Diclofenac Sodium :
- Take as indicated by your doctor.
- Take with or right after a meal.
- The usual dosing is 25 – 50 mg, 2 or 3 times daily.
- For children older than 1 year of age, the dose is 1-3 mg/kg/day divided in 2 or 3 doses.
How to store Diclofenac Sodium :
- Store at room temperature below 77°F (25°C).
- Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package.
- The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.