• Olazine 5 Mg, Antipsychotic, For Mental Disorders - 28 Tablets
• Olanzapine 5 Mg Tablets
Category Of Olazine 5 Mg Tablets
• Antipsychotic Drugs
Mechanism Of Action Of Olanzapine
• Olanzapine is an atypical (second-generation) antipsychotic that exerts its action primarily on dopamine and serotonin receptors.
• It works on dopamine D2 receptors in the mesolimbic pathway as an antagonist, blocking dopamine from potential action at the postsynaptic receptor
Therapeutic Indications Of Olazine 5 Mg Tablets
• Schizophrenia, a disease with symptoms such as hearing, seeing, or sensing things that are not there, mistaken beliefs, unusual suspiciousness, and becoming withdrawn. People with this disease may also feel depressed, anxious, or tense.
• Moderate to severe manic episodes, a condition with symptoms of excitement or euphoria.
• Olanzapine has been shown to prevent the recurrence of these symptoms in patients with bipolar disorder whose manic episode has responded to olanzapine treatment.
Method Of Administration Of Olazine 5 Mg Tablets
• Your doctor will tell you how many Olanzapine tablets to take and how long you should continue to take them.
• The daily dose of Olanzapine is between 5 mg and 20 mg.
• You should take your Olanzapine tablets once a day following the advice of your doctor.
• Try to take your tablets at the same time each day. It does not matter whether you take them with or without food.
• Olanzapine-coated tablets are for oral use. You should swallow the Olanzapine tablets whole with water.
• Olanzapine is not for patients who are under 18 years.
• Doses may be changed in special conditions so always follow your doctor's or pharmacist's instructions.
• If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the hospital straight away.
• If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
• Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for the forgotten dose.
Undesirable Side Effects Of Olazine 5 Mg Tablets
• Although the following side effects are not common in everyone some patients may complain from:
1. Weight gain
3. Increases in levels of prolactin in the blood.
4. Changes in the levels of some blood cells
5. Circulating fats and early treatment
6. Temporary increases in liver enzymes
7. Increases in the level of sugars in the blood and urine
8. Increases in levels of uric acid and creatine phosphokinase in the blood
9. Feeling hungry
14. Dry mouth
15. water retention leads to swelling of the hands, ankles or feet
17. joint pain
18. sexual dysfunctions such as decreased libido in males and females or erectile dysfunction in males
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Precautions While Taking Olazine 5 Mg Tablets
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant, or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
• Your doctor will discuss the possible risks and benefits of using this medicine during pregnancy and breast-feeding
Non-Pharmacological Treatments & Advice To Improve Mental Health
• Ginkgo biloba has been studied for its effects on mental health and found to be effective. Gingko Biloba extract can be purchased in liquid or capsule form for example Ginkozac Capsules
• Some conditions can be triggered by stress.
• Physical therapy like yoga will be helpful
• Adequate amount of sleep is very important for your mental health
• Always take your medications as instructed.
Warnings & Special Precautions While Taking Olazine5Mg Tablets
• Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before you take Olanzapine. If you suffer from any of the following illnesses tell your doctor as soon as possible:
2. Parkinson’s disease
3. Prostate problems
4. A blocked intestine
5. Liver or kidney disease
6. Blood disorders
7. Heart disease
• Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken, or might take any other medications including over-the-counter non-prescription medicines, prescription medicines, herbal supplements, vitamins, and supplements.
Storage Conditions Of Olazine 5Mg Tablets
• Store below 25°c
• Don’t refrigerate
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box/blisters/label. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
For More Information About Olanzapine
• Ask your physician or pharmacist
• Visit SFDA website
• Visit Medscape at Information About Olanzapine
• Visit Drugs.com at Information About Olanzapine
• Visit DrugBank at Information About Olanzapine