Glyceryl Trinitrate 10 mg patch
What Glyceryl Trinitrate is used for:
Glyceryl Trinitrate (also known as Nitroglycerin) is used to prevent or treat acute chest pain (angina) caused by heart problems. It can also be used to lower blood pressure.
Do not take Glyceryl Trinitrate:
• If you’re allergic to Glyceryl Trinitrate, other nitrates, or any other component of this medicine.
• If you have low blood pressure.
• If you have low blood volume (due to severe blood loss).
• If you have an elevated pressure in the skull (increased intracranial pressure).
• If you have inflammation of the outer lining of the heart or compression of the heart.
• If you have anemia.
• If you taking medicine to treat erection problems such as Sildenafil.
• If you are taking a guanylate cyclasestimulator like Riociguat.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine including:
• If you have heart problems.
• If you have thyroid problems.
• If you have severe liver or kidney problems.
• If you have glaucoma.
Possible side effects:
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Very common side effects:
• Nausea with the injection
Common side effects:
• Irregular heartbeat with the injection.
Other medicines and Glyceryl Trinitrate:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
Glyceryl Trinitrate interacts with the following medicines:
• Sildenafil and similar medicines used for erectile problems
• Guanylate cyclase stimulators such as Riociguat
• Medicines used for high blood pressure
• Medicines used for depression
• Medicines like morphine
• Medicines used for migraine such as Ergotamine
How to take Glyceryl Trinitrate:
• Use as indicated by your doctor.
• The patches should be applied on a clean dry skin, without hair on it.
• The injection is usually given as an infusion in the vein over a period of time.
• The injection dose is determined by your doctor.
• For the patch, the usual dosage is one or two patches applied daily.
How to store Glyceryl Trinitrate :
• Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
• Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.