Cinacalcet 60 mg film-coated tablets
What Cinacalcet is used for :
Cinacalcet is used to treat high calcium levels in certain patients with hyperparathyroidism and in patients with parathyroid cancer.
Do not take Cinacalcet :
• If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
• If you have low calcium levels (hypocalcemia).
Warnings and precautions :
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this drug including:
• If you took the medication etelcalcetide within the past 4 weeks.
• If you have seizures.
• If you have liver problems.
• If you have heart failure.
• If you have abnormal heart rhythm.
• If you’ve recently had gastrointestinal bleeding.
This medicine causes low calcium levels which can lead to serious, sometimes deadly complications such as abnormal heart rhythm.
Possible side effects :
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; blisters; itching; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop numbness or tingling around the mouth, muscle aches or cramps and seizures. These may be signs that your calcium levels are too low (hypocalcaemia).
Very common side effects :
• Nausea and vomiting
Other medicines and Cinacalcet
• Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
• Do not take Cinacalcet with Etelcalcetide.
• Cinacalet also interacts with the following medications: Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Voriconazole, Telithromycin, Rifampicin, Ciprofloxacin, Ritonavir, Amitriptyline, Fluvoxamine, Desipramine, Nortriptyline, Clomipramine, Flecainide, Propafenone, and Metoprolol.
How to take Cinacalcet :
• This medicine is intended for adults.
• Take exactly as indicated by your doctor.
• Take this medicine with food or shortly after a meal.
• Swallow tablet as whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
• In secondary hyperparathyroidism, the starting dose for adults is usually 30 mg once daily. Your doctor may gradually increase the dose.
• In primary hyperparathyroidism and parathyroid cancer: the starting dose is usually 30 mg twice daily. Your doctor may gradually increase the dose.
How to store Cinacalcet :
• Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
• Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
* Dosage form and route of administration of Cinacalcet 30 mg film-coated tablets, 60 mg film-coated tablets, and 90 mg film-coated tablets should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient. A valid prescription should be available upon delivery