• LOWVASC 5 Mg, Reduce Blood Pressure, Prevent Hypertension Complication - 28 Capsules
• Amlodipine 5 Mg Capsules
Category Of LOWVASC 5 Mg Capsules
• Anti-Hypertensive Drugs
Mechanism Of Action Of Amlodipine
• Amlodipine inhibits calcium ion influx across cell membranes, with a greater effect on vascular smooth muscle cells. This causes vasodilation and a reduction in peripheral vascular resistance, thus lowering blood pressure.
Therapeutic Indications Of Lowrac 5 Mg Capsules
• To treat patients with high blood pressure (hypertension): High blood pressure is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.
• To treat patients with Coronary Artery Diseases (Chronic Stable Angina, Vasospastic Angina (Prinzmetal’s or Variant Angina & Angiographically Documented Coronary Artery)
Method Of Administration Of Lowrac 5 Mg Capsules
• Take as indicated by your doctor.
• Take with a glass of water.
• If you are taking this medicine once daily, take it in the morning.
• Adult recommended starting dose: 5 mg once daily with a maximum dose of 10 mg once daily.
• Small, fragile, or elderly patients or patients with hepatic insufficiency may be started on 2.5 mg once daily.
• Pediatric starting dose: 2.5 mg to 5 mg once daily.
• Doses may be changed in special conditions so always follow your doctor's or pharmacist's instructions.
• If you take more than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the hospital straight away.
• If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember it unless it is nearly time for your next dose.
• Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for the forgotten dose.
Undesirable Side Effects Of LOWVASC 5 Mg Capsules
• The most common adverse reactions are headache and edema which occurred in a dose-related manner.
• Other adverse experiences not dose-related but reported with an incidence >1.0% are fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, and somnolence
Pregnancy & Breastfeeding Precautions While Taking LOWVASC 5 Mg Capsules
• If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Non-Pharmacological Treatments & Advice To Reduce Blood Pressure
• To measure blood pressure correctly:
1. Don’t eat or drink anything 30 minutes before you take your blood pressure.
2. Empty your bladder before your reading.
3. Sit in a comfortable chair with your back supported for at least 5 minutes before your reading.
4. Put both feet flat on the ground and keep your legs uncrossed.
5. Rest your arm with the cuff on a table at chest height.
6. Make sure the blood pressure cuff is snug but not too tight. The cuff should be against your bare skin, not over clothing.
7. Do not talk while your blood pressure is being measured.
• You will also find the following Non-Pharmacological treatments effective in blood pressure reduction:
1. Lose extra pounds and watch your waistline
2. Exercise regularly
3. Eat a healthy diet
4. Reduce sodium in your diet
5. Quit smoking
6. Reduce caffeine
7. Reduce your stress
8. Monitor your blood pressure at home using for example Beurer, Blood Pressure Monitor or Omron, Blood Pressure Measuring Device
9. See your doctor regularly
Warnings & Special Precautions While Taking LOWVASC 5 Mg Capsules
• Symptomatic hypotension is possible, particularly in patients with severe aortic stenosis. However, because of the gradual onset of action, acute hypotension is unlikely.
• Worsening angina and acute myocardial infarction can develop after starting or increasing the dose of Amlodipine, particularly in patients with severe obstructive coronary artery disease.
• Titrate slowly when administering calcium channel blockers to patients with severe hepatic impairment
• Tell your doctor or pharmacist about all your medication you take even those without prescription before starting amlodipine
Storage Conditions Of LOWVASC 5 Mg Capsules
• Store below 25°c
• Don’t refrigerate
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store in the original package to protect from moisture.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box/blisters/label. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.