What Fusidic acid is used for:
Fusidic acid is used as eye drops to treat certain superficial infections of the eye caused by bacteria (bacterial conjunctivitis).
Do not use Fusidic acid:
· If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
Warnings & Precautions:
· Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before taking this medicine.
· Do not wear any type of contact lenses while using this medicine.
· Do not use this medicine for longer than recommended. The bacteria may no longer be killed by the antibiotic.
Possible Side Effects:
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Stop using this product if you experience severe eye irritation or change in eyesight.
Common Side Effects:
· Eye irritation and discomfort for a short time
· Blurred vision
Other medicines and Fusidic acid:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
How to use Fusidic acid:
· This medicine is intended for the eyes only.
· Use as indicated by your doctor.
· Remove your contact lenses before using.
· The usual recommended dosing is one drop into the infected eye twice daily.
How to store Fusidic acid:
Store at room temperature 68 to 77°F (20 to 25°C).
· Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
· Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month