Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel 50 mg/50 IU/ 10 mg/g
What Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel is and what it is used for:
• Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel is used for the treatment of various types of scars after the wounds have healed.
• The gel inhibits the growth of scar tissue and softens scar tissue. The gel also reduces redness, swelling and pain (anti-inflammatory).
• It is suitable for use in patients with movement-inhibiting, hypertrophic, keloid (thick scars higher than the skin surface and sometimes with a different colour than the surrounding skin) and cosmetically disfiguring scars resulting from an operation, amputation, burn or accident. Suitable in case of contractures, such as Dupuytren’s contracture (persistently bent fingers) and traumatic tendon contractures, as well as atrophic scars (scars lower or higher than the skin surface).
What you need to know before you use Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel
Do not use Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel:
• if you are allergic to onion extract, heparin sodium, allantoin, methyl-4-hydroxy benzoates (parabens), sorbic acid, or other ingredients of this gel
Warnings and precautions:
• Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using the gel.
• This gel contains paraben (methyl-4-hydroxy benzoate) that can cause delayed allergic reactions. This gel contains sorbic acid that can trigger local skin reactions (e.g. contact dermatitis).
Other medicines and Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel:
No interactions have been reported. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
How to use Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel :
• Always use the gel exactly as described in this leaflet. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Apply the gel onto the skin several times per day and gently massage into the scar tissue until the gel is completely absorbed.
• In case of old hard scars, the gel can also be applied overnight and covered with a bandage.
• The treatment can last for several weeks or months, depending on the size of the scar or contracture.
• In case of fresh wounds, avoid physical irritants, such as extreme cold, UV radiation, or intense massage.
• Use in children: When used in children aged 1 or older, it is recommended to apply the gel on scar tissue once or twice per day.
• Using this medicine in children under 1 year of age is not recommended
• If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects:
Stop using the product and seek immediate medical attention if you develop urticaria, rash, swelling of the skin
How to store Cepae, Heparin, Allantoin gel :
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use the gel after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and tube.
• Do not store at a temperature higher than 25 °C.
• The expiry date after the initial opening of the pack is 6 months.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
A valid prescription should be available upon delivery