Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin 150 IU powder and solvent for solution for injection
What Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin is used for:
In women, Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin is used to treat infertility in:
· Women who are not ovulating including those with polycystic ovarian disease and those who have not responded to treatment with another medicine called clomiphene citrate.
· Women who are undergoing assisted reproductive techniques (fertility treatment) such as in-vitro fertilization.
In men, Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin is used to treat low sperm count (oligospermia).
Do not use Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin:
· If you’re allergic to the active substances or any other component of this medicine.
· If you have a tumor in your pituitary gland.
· If you have a brain tumor.
· If you have primary ovarian failure.
· If you have cancer in your female organs (ovaries, breast, uterus).
· If you have ovarian cysts or enlarged ovaries, not due to polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
· If you have abnormal bleeding from your uterus or vagina.
· If you are having an early menopause.
· If you have abnormalities in your reproductive organs.
· If you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
· If you have a tumor in your male organs.
Warnings and precautions:
Talk to your doctor about all your medical conditions before using this medicine including:
· If you have an underactive thyroid or adrenal gland.
· If you have high levels of a hormone called prolactin (hyperprolactinemia).
· If you have history or family history of blood clot problems.
Using this medicine increases the risk of:
· Having Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome (OHSS)
· Pregnancy outside the womb (ectopic pregnancy)
· Multiple pregnancies (having more than one baby at the same time)
· Birth defects
· Blood clot formation
Possible side effects:
Stop using this product and seek immediate medical help if you develop rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Serious side effects:
· Allergic reactions
· Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS) where your ovaries get enlarged and fluid builds up in your abdomen.
Other medicines and Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin:
Tell your doctor about all the medicines you are taking.
How to use Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin:
· This medicine is intended for adults only.
· Take as indicated by your doctor.
· It is given as an injection into a muscle or under the skin.
· The starting dose will depend on your case. The usual range is 75-225 IU.
How to store Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin:
· Store at room temperature below 77°F (25°C). Do not freeze.
· Some products should be used immediately after reconstitution. Others can be stored up to 28 days after reconstitution. Ask your doctor or pharmacist.
· Keep this medicine out of reach of children.
· Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
*Dosage form and route of administration of Human Menopausal Gonadotrophin 150 IU powder and solvent for solution for injection, 600 IU powder and solvent for solution for injection, and 1200 IU powder and solvent for solution for injection should be prescribed according to therapeutic indication and disease severity of each individual patient.